Controller: CORE SE, Am Sandwerder 21-23, 14109 Berlin.
Our company data protection officer can be contacted at the above address or at email@example.com
a) When visiting the website
When you call up our website, the browser used on your end device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. Log files are retained for 30 days from the time they are created. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- Name of the retrieved file
- Date and time of the retrieval
- Amount of data transmitted
- Message whether the retrieval was successful
- Description of the type of web browser used
- Operating system used
- The previously visited page
- Your IP address
We process the above-mentioned data for the following purposes:
- Ensuring that the website is connected smoothly,
- Ensuring a comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 letter f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the above-mentioned purposes for data collection.
b) Contact (e-mail, telephone or letter)
You can contact us by e-mail, telephone or post. In doing so, we only collect personal data if you provide us with this information voluntarily.
An e-mail address is available on the website which can be used for electronic contact. If you send us an enquiry in this way, the user's personal data transmitted with the e-mail will be stored. If you contact us by letter or telephone, the user data provided will also be stored accordingly.
The data will be stored and used exclusively for the purpose for which you have transmitted the data to us (e.g. processing of enquiries, maintenance of business relations, supplier management, etc.).
The legal basis for the processing of the personal data necessary for the handling of contact requests is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR (legitimate interest). The legitimate interest arises from the fact that only by processing the user's data in an appropriate manner can we carry out the action requested by the user (e.g. answering enquiries). If the purpose of the contact is the conclusion of a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR.
c) Speculative application/application
If you would like to apply to us, you can send us your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to CORE SE (Am Sandwerder 21-23, 14109 Berlin). The following data may be processed: Name, e-mail address, application documents (e.g. cover letter, CV, certificates, photo).
If you apply to us via the platform of a third-party provider (third party applicant portals), we will only receive the information you provide there. Please refer to the respective data protection declarations for further information.
If you apply to CORE, your data will be collected and processed exclusively for the purpose of your application.
The data collected from you is processed for the purpose of establishing an employment relationship (implementation of the application process, initiation of an employment relationship). The legal basis for this is Art. 88 para. 1 GDPR in conjunction with §26 para. 1, para. 8 sentence 2 BDSG (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz).
In the event that you have submitted a declaration of consent to us to process your data, a further legal basis is Art. 88 para. 1 GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 para. 2, para. 8, sentence 2 BDSG.
We store your data for as long as you are actively seeking a position with us, but no longer than six months after the application process has been completed. We will then delete your data, unless you have given us your consent for the further storage of your data.
If your application could possibly be considered for a position with us at a later date, we will send you an e-mail and ask you to give your consent to the storage of your application data for a further six months. The data will then be stored, processed and used for the purpose of contacting you in the event of a suitable position for you. Should there still be a need for storage after the expiry of a storage period extended by your consent, we will ask you again for your consent to extend the storage, processing and use. Your data will be deleted after the storage period covered by your consent has expired.
In the event of a successful application, we will retain your data for the duration of the employment relationship and delete your data after it has ended, and the legally prescribed retention periods have expired. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR.
d) When clicking on the social media graphics
By clicking on the social media graphics embedded on our website, you will be redirected to the CORE SE corporate site at the respective social media service. Your browser will establish a connection to the server of the respective social media service. In this case, the social media service will know that you are addressing it via the CORE website. Depending on the respective data protection guidelines of the third-party service provider, further data may be transmitted.
e) Use of Open Street Maps
To the best of our knowledge, OpenStreetMap uses user data exclusively for the purpose of displaying map functions and temporarily storing the selected settings. This data may include, in particular, IP addresses and location data of the users, which, however, are not collected without your consent (usually within the framework of the settings of their mobile devices).
f) Use of Matomo
To play our own videos we use Vimeo (Vimeo, Inc., 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011). Our videos are provided with a thumbnail to prevent data being transmitted to Vimeo as soon as you enter the site. Only when you agree, the video is started and a connection to the servers of the Vimeo portal is established. Your consent will not be stored.
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your explicit consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 letter a GDPR,
- the disclosure is required under Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to pass on the data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and required for the processing of contractual relationships with you in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR.
You are entitled to the following rights:
a) Right to information
You have the right to ask us to confirm whether personal data concerning you is being processed by us.
If such processing has taken place, you can request the following information from us:
- the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- the categories of personal data processed;
- the recipients or the categories of recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been or will be disclosed
- the planned duration of the storage of personal data concerning you or, if it is not possible to give specific details, criteria for determining the duration of storage;
- the existing rights to correct or delete personal data concerning you, a right to limit processing by us or a right to object to such processing
- the existing right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
- all available information about the origin of the data, if the personal data is not collected from you
- You have the right to request information as to whether personal data concerning you is transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. In this context, you may request to be informed of the appropriate safeguards pursuant to Art. 46 GDPR in connection with the transfer.
CORE does not carry out automated decision making or profiling.
b) Right to rectification
You have the right to correct and/or complete personal data if the processed personal data concerning you is incorrect or incomplete. We must make the correction without delay.
c) Right to erasure
You can demand from us that the personal data concerning you be deleted immediately. CORE is obliged to delete this data immediately if one of the following reasons applies:
- The personal data concerning you are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You revoke your consent on which the processing was based in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 letter a or Art. 9 para. 2 letter a GDPR and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- You raise an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 Para. 1 GDPR and there are no legitimate reasons for the processing, or you raise an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 Para. 2 GDPR (direct marketing).
- Personal data concerning you have been processed unlawfully.
- The deletion of personal data concerning you is necessary to comply with a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which the controller is subject.
- The personal data concerning you has been collected in relation to information society services offered, in accordance with Art. 8 para. 1 of the GDPR.
d) Right to be forgotten
If CORE has made the personal data concerning you public and CORE is obliged to delete it in accordance with Art. 17 Para. 1 GDPR, CORE will take appropriate measures, including technical measures, taking into account the available technology and implementation costs, to inform data controllers who process the personal data that you, as the data subject, have requested them to delete all links to this personal data or copies or replications of this personal data.
The right of cancellation does not apply if the processing is necessary
- on the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information;
- in order to comply with a legal obligation requiring processing under Union or national law to which the controller is subject or in order to perform a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- for reasons of public interest in the field of public health pursuant to Art. 9 para. 2 lit. h and i and Art. 9 para. 3 GDPR;
- for archiving, scientific or historical research purposes in the public interest or for statistical purposes in accordance with Art. 89 Para. 1 GDPR, insofar as the law referred to in section a) is likely to render impossible or seriously prejudice the attainment of the objectives of such processing, or
- to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
e) Right to restriction of processing
Under the following conditions, you may request that the processing of personal data concerning you be restricted:
- if you dispute the accuracy of the personal data concerning you for a period of time that allows CORE to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you object to the deletion of the personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of the personal data
- CORE no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- if you have raised an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR and it has not yet been established whether the legitimate reasons given by CORE outweigh the reasons given by you.
If the processing of personal data relating to you has been restricted, such data may be processed, with the exception of storage, only with your consent or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims or protecting the rights of another natural or legal person or on grounds of an important public interest of the Union or a Member State.
If the restriction on processing has been restricted in accordance with the above conditions, you will be informed by us before the restriction is lifted.
f) Right to object
If the processing of personal data relating to you is necessary for the performance of a task which is in the public interest (Art. 6 para. 1 letter e GDPR) or to safeguard our legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 letter f GDPR), you have the right to object.
The person responsible will no longer process the personal data concerning you unless he/she can demonstrate compelling reasons for processing which are worthy of protection and which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If the personal data concerning you are processed for the purpose of direct marketing, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such marketing.
If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data concerning you will no longer be processed for these purposes.
g) Right to withdraw the declaration of consent under data protection law
You have the right to revoke your data protection declaration of consent at any time. Revocation of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing that has taken place on the basis of your consent until revocation.
h) Right of appeal
Under Art. 77 of the GDPR, you have the right to complain to the supervisory authority if you believe that your personal data are being processed unlawfully. The address of the supervisory authority responsible for our company is: Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit, Friedrichstr. 219, 10969 Berlin, Tel.: 030/13889-0, E-Mail: email@example.com.
Berlin, October 2020